Sunday 29 January 2012

Modern Block Monday - Woven Block

Okay, so it's a little early for Modern Block Monday, but since I'll be putting up my Colour My World Challenge post and linky later tomorrow, I figured I'd post this now -- and really, it's Monday somewhere in the world, right? :)

A few weeks ago,  I spotted this Woven Block on SewHappyGeek's site. LOVE! Just had to try it and thought it would work well with the other blocks I'm making for my modern block sampler. So glad I tried it. It was easy to put together and I love the look. How cool would this be as a whole quilt?



Completed Modern Blocks to date:
Next week, I'm back to the book with Alleyways by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. I think it'll look funky in solids.

Since this is from SewHappyGeek's quilt along, I thought I'd link up to SewHappyGeek's Manic Monday and to Sew Modern Monday!


Sew Happy Geek

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

Happy Monday, all!

7 comments:

  1. Nice! I'd do the block as an oversize quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that would be super cool for a whole quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes LOVE! A whole quilt is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree..a whole quilt would be lovely!! nice job

    ReplyDelete
  5. This block is striking-----can see it done in so many colorways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I'm a sucker for solids! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this would be fantastic as a whole quiult! Imagine the fun you could have with quilting it!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...