Thursday 3 July 2014

Banner Day - A Work in Progress

We're expecting a new member of the family soon! No, I'm not pregnant -- bite your tongue! My new niece or nephew will be making an appearance in the next couple of weeks and I am so excited!

The nursery is bright primary colours and my sister has asked for yellow, blue and red with a red stripe on the back. I'm playing around with this design, inspired by Laura's Bunting Quilt. The colours are a little duller in the photo - night shot because that's pretty much the only quilting time these days (not complaining though because we're having a great summer so far!).


I'm thinking that the bunting cord could be this red and white stripe. Fun, eh?


Whaddya think?

12 comments:

  1. I love it with the red and white stripes for the cord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Greta quilt idea and the cord is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun cheery design. Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's fabulous with the red & white stripe. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design and you had me going re new arrival. Your new niece/nephew will enjoy looking at this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the bright colors, and I really love what the red and white striped cord adds to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really fun! Makes me wish I had a baby to make one for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the red and white cord is a winner.

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...