Friday 30 December 2011

TGIFF! - A Scarf, A Pillowcase and A Mug Rug Walked Into A Bar...

"I see you've got things covered," said the bartender. Sorry, that was bad, but I couldn't resist.

While I didn't get Micah's growth chart finished yet, I did finish a few other Christmas gifts that I thought I'd share with you.

My husband and kids are big fans of the Ottawa 67s so I thought I'd make them some fan scarves. I got a bit of practice making these last year when I made a whole whack of them for a friend's kids' hockey and ringette teams. I was a little scarved out last year, so my boys got them this year instead. (Sorry for the bad photos - these were taken at about 1 a.m.!)

They are very simple to make - just cut 4"-6" wide fleece in your choice of colours. Stagger the colours in the arrangement you want and then sew with matching thread four or five times so that all the layers are secure.


Another option is to stack the fleece fabric, sew once or twice along the middle and then cut every 2" or so perpendicular towards, but not all the way to, the centre seam. This creates a more ruffled scarf.

Feeling a little guilty that I hadn't been able to finish Micah's growth chart, I made him a pillowcase to match his brothers'.


And finally, some more mug rugs. Again, using unused strips sets from previous projects, I sewed, slashed and sewed again. This time I decided to do what Shanna @ Sparrow in Flight did with some of her mug rugs, which was sew straight lines at different angles both horizontally and vertically.

I'm linking up with TGIFF!, which is being hosted by the joyful Jess at Life Under Quilts. If you've got a finish, why don't you share it and link up?



Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea for the scarves! And I love those mug rugs too!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...